1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like all kinds of yarn, lately I discovered alpaca wool and I just love it!I don't really like acrilyc yarn.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
My needles and hooks are in a couple of old jars .When I travel I have them in an old knitting bag.One of these days I want to sew a knittingrol for them.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have learned to knit about 30years ago when I was 11.I learned it at school and from my grandmother.I have knitted and crochet very much when my kids where young. Then I stopped and a couple of years ago I started again. I quess my skill level is intermediate.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent?
Vanilla, cinnamon and coconut.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes, I have a sweet tooth.Favourite is chocolate.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I love to quilt, sewing and cross stitch and one of these days I would love to learn how to spin.
Unfortunately I don't know anyone that spins and there are no spinning lessons here in our area.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I love Michael Buble, country and western, especially Garth Brooks.Yes, our computer/stereo can play MP3.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love pink, purple, blue , orange and green.Don't like too dark colours.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm married and a mum of 3 teens. We have 3 dogs, a cat, a rabbit and 2 chickens.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Scarves, sweaters, tops and recently I learned how to knit socks and I LOVE that.
13. What are you knitting right now?
At this moment I'm knitting, a pair of socks and a summer top.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Oh yes, I LOVE handmade gifts!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I use all kinds of needles.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No, not yet.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
18. What is your favorite holiday?
19. Is there anything that you collect?
I love all kinds of vintage things.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Here in the Netherlands we don't have many good knitting books or magazines, so I love to get my hands on some American ones.Oh, and those new bamboo yarn, I would love to get my hands on some of that.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
There is so much I would love to learn.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, I just learned to knit socks. I have a Dutch size 39.
23. When is your birthday?
My birthday is 27th August 1965.
24. Are you on Ravelry?
I'm still on the waiting list. Hopefully I can join soon.