Wednesday, August 08, 2007

crocheting granny squares

After seeing so many lovely granny squares , I couldn't wait to start crocheting them too.
I wasn't sure what colours to use first. After some thinking I have chosen these lovely 3 colours.
Crocheting these granny squares is really addicted.
Here is the start of another afghan, oh my.......I still have to finish my ripple afghan also!!!!!



I have been participating in another lovely swap from the sweet goodness swaps. This one had a sumer theme and in the colours yellow and orange.
Here is what I received from my wonderful partner Lynsey.


She made those lovely envelopes herself out of magazines pages, the lovely cards with buttons are also made by her.



Look what a lovely basket, the cannister is also very lovely. I don't know if I'm using the correct word for it.........

And look at this wonderful apron! She also send nice tea, chocolate and livestrong bracelets for the family, some are allready in use.


Thank you very much Lynsey for this great swap.
Here are the things that I send to Lynsey, a bag I made out of thrifted sheets and a box I decoupaged with napkins and filled with tea.




And some thrifted potholders, candles, candy,a windchime, icecube holder, notebook and lipbalm.










6 comments:

Sharon said...

I think I should have got in this swap. Lovely gifts for sure. I like the purse and all that went with it. I will sign up next time for sure.

Rebecca said...

Your granny afghan is going to look great! I love the colors you chose. I really want to make one but I'm afraid of weaving in all of those ends :) LOL

Your swap package is so cute! We were worried it wouldn't make it since we sort of forgot to tell your partner what country you lived in. Whoops! :)

cheers!

Paula said...

I really like the color combo's that you chose for your granny square's. That afghan is going to be gorgeous! I'm in the middle of making a granny square purse right now for my sister. I've decided to just use two colors on it and so far I'm really liking it.
Great summer swap packages (both your giving and getting ones). I love the Sweet Goodness Swaps...

Stina said...

Lovely gifts you have got.

You are doing so nice things too.
Hug Stina

Swirlyarts said...

I'm so glad that the swap arrived safely!! I've told everyone I know and they can't believe I sent it out to the wrong country! I use the bag you made for me every day at the moment and it gets lots of nice comments!
You can use cannister but we called it a flour dredger/sifter.

Kelli Gotje said...

I want to learn how to crochet a granny square blanket!!!!

http://therustythimble.blogspot.com/2011/01/rabbit-giveaway.html