Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Christmas around the world questionnairy.

1.Are you religious? No

2. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider yourself a Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced? I have learned to knit when I was a kid.I have knitted a lot when my kids where small, then I haven't knitted for a long time and recently I'm knitting again.I guess I'm intermediate.

3.Do you have any other hobbies besides knitting?Yes, do you have lots of timeÜ. I love crocheting, sewing, quilting, cross stitching, penpalling, gardening, baking,reading, watching movies, going to fleamarkets and thriftshops looking for old, vintage things to decorate my house and garden with...............
4.Favorite color(s)? My favourite colours are pink, purple, blue and fall colours.


5.Do you collect anything? I collect craft books, patterns, yarn, and old &vintage things to decorate my house and garden with.

6.Are you allergic to any fibers or animals? No.

7.Do you have any pets? Yes, we have 3 dogs, 1 cat, 2 chickens and 1 rabbit.

8.Coffee, Tea, or Hot Chocolate? I LOVE it all.

9.Cookies or Sweets? Both.

10.Do you knit socks? I just started knitting socks a few months ago and now I'm addicted.

11.If not socks then what? (tell us about your favorite knits) I also love to knit scarves, hats,shrugs and sweaters.
12.Do you put up a Christmas tree? If not then what do you do? Yes, I put up a real christmas tree.


13.Favorite holiday treats? Our wonderfull Dutch banketletters.Oh, and chocolat.

14.Favorite holiday smells? Christmas tree, cinnamon, applepie......

15.Do you celebrate Christmas in a traditional or unconventional way? Please elaborate.We celebrate Christmas like many people do here in the Netherlands. We decorate for Christmas, give presents to one another on Christmas morning and spend the days with family and have long, lovely diners together.

16.What are your favorite holiday traditions? Putting up the Christmas tree and decorating the house.Doing something special with our family.

17.Finish the sentence: “For me Christmas is all about....”Surrounded by family and having a wonderful time together.

18.If you were a Christmas ornament you would be…….? a star.


19.What was your favorite gift you've ever received? Or given? I can't remember, I have received and gave so many beautiful gifts .

20.When do you start your Christmas? Here in the Netherlands we celebrate our big holiday called Sinterklaas on the 5th of December and after that I start decorating for Christmas.

21.Do you send Christmas cards? Do you make them or buy them? Yes, I love to send Christmas cards, I send bought ones and ones I made.

22.What is your favorite Christmas dish? I don't really have 1 favourite. I like so many.

23.Carolers are at your door. What do you do? Here we don't have Carolers at the door unfortunately. But when we would have I would I just love to listen to them.

24. When do you open presents? Christmas eve or Christmas morning? On Christmas morning.

25.Do you celebrate with family or friends or both? Most of the time we celbrate it with our family.

7 comments:

Levin said...

hey - its lovely to get to know you a little better through your questionnaire. i have the same hobbies as you! i've never knitted socks and although i really want to, i read the pattern and get a little scared. are they as hard as the pattern sounds?
i too decorate the tree on 5th december as we used to celebrate sinterklaus (? is that how you spell it) to me it is the start of the christmas season.
i hope you get lovely presents in your swap!
cheers
l

Splashes of Pink and Mint said...

Wat leuk om zoveel over je te weten te komen, en ik moet zeggen dat ik helemaal in de kerstsfeer begin te raken, ik krijg er al helemaal zin in!
Zou je het leuk vinden als ik je blog link op de mijne?

Dorothy said...

Do you put out wooden shoes for December 5th?

Splashes of Pink and Mint said...

Hardstikke leuk dat je m'n link geplaatst hebt, had het nog niet eens gezien! Je staat er bij mij ook op hoor!

Kim said...

Great answers to your questionnaire! I am working on my first pair of socks but have to say that I am already hooked!

My family (5 generations ago) is from Holland and one of these days I am wanting to get back there.

It was wonderful to get to know you better through this questionnaire and I can't wait for this swap to start!

Dorothy said...

Thanks for answering my question about the shoes!

Knittymuggins said...

Thanks so much for sharing Monique! My, you *do* have a lot of hobbies, don't you? They all sound like fun though :) I'm also a huge fan of pen-pal letters, but not many people do that anymore :( Hope you are enjoying the swap so far and thanks for filling out your questionnaire!

http://therustythimble.blogspot.com/2011/01/rabbit-giveaway.html